Aston Martin dives into the boating industry with new powerboats
Not content with building luxurious cars, automotive manufacturer Aston Martin is expanding into the boating industry with the construction of two new luxury models, the AM37 and AM37SThe new powerboats will appeal to adrenaline enthusiasts who aim to reach top speeds at sea, incorporating Aston Martin’s unique design.
Built in house after two years of development, only twelve 37-foot luxury boats will be available to purchase per year.
Eight key facts
- The powerboats were built in collaboration with Quintessence Yachts and architect Mulder Design
- The boats can comfortably fit approximately eight people
- The AM37 will reach a top speed of 45 knots, whereas the AM37S will reach a speed of 50 knots
- With preliminary materials of carbon fibre for the dashboard, glass, wood and leather, the powerboats sophisticated designs and embedded technologies have ensured a high-quality finish.
- In addition to traditional navigation systems, the powerboats have implemented media systems and entertainment
- The inbuilt table can be utilised as a bed at night-time, in addition to basic amenities within the builds, such as air conditioning, microwave, fridge, providing a comfortable stay
- A swim deck has been constructed for users to gain access the sea when desired
- A sliding deck has also been built within the powerboats design, which can be utilised with the press of a button if users are in need of shade
Read the September 2016 issue of Construction Global magazine