China's construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 3.9% in deal activity during Q3, compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
A total of 54 deals worth $3.9bn were announced in Q3 2019, compared to the last four-quarter average of 52 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 45 deals which accounted for 83.3% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with five deals, followed by private equity with four transactions, respectively accounting for 9.3% and 7.4% of overall deal activity in the country's construction & real estate industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in China's construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $2.68bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $1.2bn and $18.25m, respectively.
China construction & real estate industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 52.7% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $2.05bn, against the overall value of $3.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- KKR Asian Fund III's $794mn private equity deal with NVC Lighting Holding
- The $421.05mn acquisition of Shanshan Commercial Group by Vipshop Holdings
- Bain Capital Credit's $300mn private equity deal with D&J Industrial Property (China) Investment
- The $288.15mn acquisition of Jinmao Hangzhou Property Development by Shanghai Maohuan Enterprise Management
- Sichuan Languang Development's acquisition of Chongqing Huajing Real Estate Development for $250.96mn.