Sep 29, 2021

HeidelbergCement acquires 45% of Command Alkon

HeidelbergCement
CommandAlkon
construction
Acquisition
2 min
Cement maker HeidelbergCement has purchased a 45% stake in construction software firm Command Alkon with Thoma Bravo holding the remaining 55%

HeidelbergCement, the second-largest cement maker in the world, has announced it has acquired a 45% stake in US-based construction software firm Command Alkon, providers of software and technology used to manage supply chains and construction materials. Financial details of the acquisition have not been disclosed at the time of writing. 

The remaining 55% of the company will be owned by software-focused private equity firm Thoma Bravo. HeidelbergCement CEO Dominik von Achten told Reuters: “The investment in Command Alkon and the partnership with Thoma Bravo now allows us to monetise the hidden potential of our assets and translate it into a new growth path for HeidelbergCement. 

“Our goal is to become the first industrial-tech company in our industry. With this partnership, we believe we can set a standard for the heavy construction materials industry,” he said. 

HeidelbergCement’s corporate strategy and Command Alkon’s portfolio

In 2020, HeidelbergCement profiled its new corporate strategy based on climate change and digitalisation trends. The move was to attempt to transform its business in one of the most C02-focused industries globally. 

Command Alkon’s portfolio includes software and technology for plant and site automation, materials ordering and scheduling, inventory and mix management, trucking logistics and fleet optimisation as well as office and field operations, according to Reuters. 

A.J. Rohde, Senior Partner at Thoma Bravo, said: “We are so excited to partner with HeidelbergCement, who is the clear industry leader in terms of digital transformation, to further support Command Alkon’s growth strategy and transform the heavy building materials industry.”

 

Share article