Bentley announces finalists in the Be Inspired Awards Program, focusing on infrastructure, design & construction
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure, today announced the project finalists in the 2016 Be Inspired Awards program.
The annual awards honour the extraordinary work of Bentley users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Ten independent jury panels comprising distinguished industry experts selected the 54 finalists from more than 300 nominations submitted by organizations in 80 countries.
The finalists will present their innovative projects in front of their peers, the jurors, and the more than 100 members of the media at The Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference, taking place in November in London, UK.
This global gathering of leading figures in the world of infrastructure design, construction and operations will feature:
- a series of thought-provoking keynotes by Bentley senior management as well as guest speakers comprising prominent industry thought leaders;
- interactive, invitation-only summits where attendees will explore the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure project delivery and asset performance
- informative industry forums featuring speakers from prominent organizations including Microsoft, KPMG, AECOM, Shell, Applied Research & Associates, Atkins, and Black & Veatch;
- the announcement and celebration of the Be Inspired Award winners at an evening ceremony and gala on Nov. 2; and Special Recognition Winners’ presentations on Nov. 3.
The Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference is an ideal opportunity for management-level executives in architecture firms, engineering firms, construction companies, and government or owner-operator organizations responsible for the design, delivery, and/or operations of infrastructure to share best practices and meet infrastructure professionals from around the world. All those who submitted a nomination in the Be Inspired Awards program are also encouraged to attend.
Bentley Systems Chief Communications Officer Chris Barron said, “The Year in Infrastructure Conference promises to be a one-of-a-kind networking and learning experience for infrastructure leaders from around the world.
Presentations and industry forums will highlight industry best practices and provide valuable insights on BIM advancements and innovations in technology that are helping improve project delivery and asset performance.
The Be Inspired award presentations will showcase the year’s most outstanding advancements in global infrastructure. The conference is in London – a city famous for its distinctive skyline and landmark structures, many of which were designed and built by leading AEC companies with the help of Bentley software.
We look forward to welcoming the many senior executives from infrastructure organizations around the globe who will convene at the Hilton London Metropole.”
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2016 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Performance
- Danfoss - Facility Optimization and Energy Management – (Nordborg, Denmark)
- Emerson Process Management – Integrated Operations Center – (Austin, Texas, United States)
- SKA South Africa – MeerKAT – (Carnarvon, Northern Cape, South Africa)
Innovation in Bridges
- Guizhou Transportation Planning Survey & Design Academy Co., Ltd. – Guizhou Ping-Luo Expressway Pingtang Bridge – (Qiannan, Guizhou, China)
- MCC TianGong Group, Tianjin Corporation, Ltd. – BIM Technology Application in Bageng Bridge Project of Guangxi Baijing Expressway – (Baise City, Guangxi Zhuang, China)
- Ministerio Obras Públicas de Chile – Chacao Bridge – (Island of Chiloe, Llanquihue, Chile
Innovation in Building
- China Aerospace Construction Group Co., Ltd. – Inner Mongolia Ethnic Minorities Cultural Sports Center – (Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China)
- Johnson Pilton Walker – 5 Martin Place – (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
- Morphosis – Hanking Center Tower – (Shenzhen, Guangdong, China)
Innovation in Construction
- GHD, Inc. – Ordot Dump Closure – (Ordot, Guam, United States)
- Insight-WFP – Houston Refinery – (Houston, Texas, United States)
- Shell Global Solutions International BV – Visibility into the Path of Construction for Prelude FLNG – (Goeje, South Korea)
Innovation in Government
- AECOM – Dholera SIR – (Dholera, Gujarat, India)
- Los Angeles Community College District – BuildLACCD – (Los Angeles, California, United States)
- Research and Design Institute for Urban Transportation “MosgortransNIIproekt” – Comprehensive Engineering Plan of the Road Infrastructure in Moscow – (Moscow, Russia)
Innovation in Land Development
- Beijing Shougang International Engineering Technology Co., Ltd. – Xishi Winter Olympics Square Project of Shougang Industrial Area Transformation – (Shijingshan, Beijing, China)
- Tract Consultants Pty., Ltd. – Phillip Island Penguin Viewing Platform – (Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia)
- Voyants Solutions Pvt., Ltd. – Feasibility Study and Associated Preliminary and Detail Designs in Secondary Cities and Agatare Informal Settlement – (Kigali, Nyarugenge, Rwanda)
Innovation in Manufacturing
- GEA Equipamentos e Soluções LTDA – Yeast Concentrate Evaporator – (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Tamco Switchgear Sdn. Bhd. (L&T Group of Companies) – Intelligent and Optimized Engineering of Control Systems – (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Unipar Carbocloro – Polishing System for Mercury Abatement Tower – (Cubatao, São Paulo, Brazil)
Innovation in Mining
- Hatch – Export Lump Screening Study – (Whyalla, South Australia, Australia)
- OJSC Magnitogorsky Gipromez – Plate Rolling Shop - Continuous Hot-dip Galvanizing Unit – (Magnitogorsk, Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russia)
- Tetra Tech Proteus – Tanami Expansion Project – (Tanami Desert, Northern Territory, Australia)
Innovation in Offshore
- LLC Volgogradnefteproekt – Management of Engineering Data During the Filanovskiy Field Development – (Astrakhan, Astrakhan Region, Russia)
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation, Ltd. – Re-qualification/Life Extension Study of Fixed Offshore Platform Structures – (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)
- Seaway Heavy Lifting – DSO Sonam Topside Installation – (Lagos, Nigeria)
Innovation in Power Generation
- Black & Veatch – Sewaren 7 Combined Cycle Project – (Woodbridge, New Jersey, United States)
- East China Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd. of China Power Construction Group Corporation – Jinsha River Longkaikou Hydropower Station Project – (Dali Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China)
- Northwest Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd. of China Power Engineering Consulting Group – Fuping Thermal Power Plant Engineering of Shenhua Shendong Power – (Weinan, Shaanxi, China)
Innovation in Project Delivery
- AECOM – R Line – (Aurora, Colorado, United States)
- Black & Veatch – Business Transformation – (Overland Park, Kansas, United States)
- Mott MacDonald Bentley – Mott MacDonald Bentley Project – (United Kingdom)
Innovation in Rail and Transit
- Banedanmark – The New Line, Copenhagen-Ringsted – (Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark)
- FUT-Sweco/Typsa JV – Metro Extension in Stockholm – (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Mott MacDonald, Ltd. – Northern Line Extension – (London, England, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Reality Modeling
- CH2M Fairhurst Joint Venture – A9 Dualling Program – (Glengarry to Dalraddy, Scotland, United Kingdom)
- City of Helsinki – Helsinki 3D+ – (Helsinki, Finland)
- Kano Laboratory, Waseda University, Obayashi Corporation – Automated Recognition of Work Progress at a Construction Site – (Tokyo, Japan)
Innovation in Roads
- Beta 2 Engenharia – Roundabout of Ribeirão Preto – (Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil)
- Costain Carillion Joint Venture – A5 - M1 Link, Dunstable Northern Bypass – (Dunstable, England, United Kingdom)
- Inspec Nederland BV – A27/A12 Ring Utrecht – (Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands)
Innovation in Structures
- Estaco S.A. – Oviedo Automatic Parking System – (Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia)
- RASANA Engineering Co., LLC – Nakheel Mall on Palm Jumeirah – (Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- WSP Parsons Brinkerhoff – 22 Bishopsgate, London – (London, England, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Utilities and Communications
- Elia – Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment – (Brussels, Belgium)
- Hubei Electric Engineering Corporation – Miaoshan 220kV Secondary Transformer Substation – (Wuhan, Hubei, China)
- Snam – CARTESIO – Planning and Maintaining Nationwide Gas Transportation Network – (Milan, Italy)
Innovation in Water Network Analysis
- NJS Engineers India Pvt., Ltd. – JICA Assisted Ganga Action Plan – (Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India)
- Roy Hill Iron Ore – Water Supply and Dewatering Network Optimization – (Pilbara, Western Australia, Australia)
- Sabesp – Modeling in Crisis – (São Paulo, Brazil)
Innovation in Water Treatment Plants
- GE India Industrial Private Limited – RO#3 & ZLD System – (Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu, India)
- MWH UK – Woolston Water Treatment Works Redevelopment – (Southampton, England, United Kingdom)
- United Utilities – AMP6 - CDP – (Warrington, England, United Kingdom)
Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference will include:
- The Project Delivery Summit (by invitation only)
- The Infrastructure Asset Performance Summit (by invitation only)
- The Building and Facilities Forum
- The Rail and Road Forum
- The Oil, Gas, and Chemical Forum
- The Utilities Forum
- The Visions for the Future Forum
- The Be Inspired Awards Ceremony
The Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference Sponsors
Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. The conference features a series of presentations and interactive workshops exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure project delivery and asset performance.
- Platinum: Microsoft
- Gold: ARC Advisory Group, BNP Media, Civil + Structural Engineer, Construction Week, Engineering News-Record, Geospatial Media + Communications, Informed Infrastructure, New Civil Engineer, PennEnergy, Reliabilityweb.com, SPAR 3D
Read the September 2016 issue of Construction Global magazine
uPVC pipes, safety glasses and Spetz app launched
This week has seen a range of new product and service launches for the construction trade.
Vinyl Pipes has launched uPVC Column Pipes, which extend the life of pipes. Column Pipes with a power lock (patent pending) will not only to raise the safety standards but improve the efficiency of Borewell installations. This Lock system, a by-product of the in-house R&D team, is designed to bear load making the pipes stress-free, torque resistant and perfect for handling high pressure water.
Conscious that using the correct glasses could prevent 90% of jobsite injuries, Milwaukee's expanded range (pictured) features anti-scratch and fog free styles, new lens colours and magnification features, complementing its 'cut resistant' gloves.
Arriving on the UK app scene, Spetz is billed as a ‘one-stop shop’ for anyone "panicked by household flooding or electricity failure," as it unites tradespeople with consumers.
Spetz founder and CEO Yossi Nevo said urgent needs come in all forms and it’s unlikely that any household has tried and trusted tradespeople to match every possibility.
"The Spetz app rapidly connects them with a suitable ‘rescue service’ in as little as 30 seconds and that rapid reassurance is completely free - it’s the tradespeople who pay for these job leads. Those start at around £6 a time, but the tradesperson can then go on to make thousands from our automated system funnelling the best and most appropriate work their way.”
Spetz is now three years old operating in Israel, Australia and is now beginning a full UK rollout, after a ‘soft’ launch.